- Draw several lines onto white paper, then draw a single line through those lines. Use scissors to cut mouth from the lined paper and tape to the tin can.
- Wrap silver pipe cleaner around a pencil, then glue inside the large can.
- Glue the head and legs to the cereal box to complete your robot.
What are the materials used to make a robot?
Here are some of the materials to keep in mind when designing and building robots.
- Steel. Steel is one of the materials used most often by robot builders.
- Biodegradable ‘smart’ materials.
How can I make a robot at home with household items?
Imagination and design thinking are key to making your robot work from the materials you have available.
- Cardboard box.
- Cardboard pieces.
- Cardboard tubes.
- Push pins (brass fasteners or paper clips can also be used)
- Plastic sheets (for example, a plastic bakery container cut up)
- Tape or hot glue gun and glue sticks.
How do you make a robot out of recycled plastic bottles?
- First cut off the top of a white Pediasure plastic bottle.
- Make two holes on each side of the top third of the bottle and two holes on the sides on the bottom third of the bottle.
- Cut two 19″ thick rubber band pieces, one will go throughout the arms and the other will go through the lets of your robot.
How is robot made?
Robots can be made from a variety of materials including metals and plastics. Most robots are composed of 3 main parts: Mechanical parts ‐ motors, pistons, grippers, wheels, and gears that make the robot move, grab, turn, and lift. These parts are usually powered by air, water, or electricity.
Which material will you recycle and make a robot out of it?
Building “junkbots” is a fun activity where you can turn recycled materials—like plastic bottles and cardboard tubes —into robots!