Pepper is the world’s first social humanoid robot able to recognize faces and basic human emotions. Pepper was optimized for human interaction and is able to engage with people through conversation and his touch screen. Pepper is available today for businesses and schools.
- 1 What can pepper robot be programmed with?
- 2 Can pepper the robot move?
- 3 How is Pepper the robot taught to perform its task?
- 4 Is Pepper the robot a boy or girl?
- 5 How do you charge the pepper robot?
- 6 How can pepper move around?
- 7 What human function or task does Pepper the robot simulate?
- 8 Where Pepper is being used for commercial and personal purposes?
- 9 Why was Pepper the robot created?
- 10 Who invented the pepper robot?
- 11 How much does the robot Pepper cost?
- 12 What languages does Pepper the robot speak?
What can pepper robot be programmed with?
That being said, the programmer has many ways to make Pepper function in preferred way. There are three SDKs for Pepper: Python, Java and C++. There is also a dedicated development tool called Choregraphe. These options are designed to interact with Pepper’s software layer NAOqi which is running on Linux.
Can pepper the robot move?
If Pepper is equipped with the 180° plate or the 360° plate, the robot can move with this optional equipment. Do not walk on the plate and do not place your feet in front of the plate. Lasers and infrared sensors help Pepper to interact safely with its environment.
How is Pepper the robot taught to perform its task?
How is the robot taught to perform its task? The core concept of Pepper is an essential notion for companionship: interaction. Pepper listens to your voice and analyzes your body language. Pepper will modify his language or his gestures to adapt to the given situation.
Is Pepper the robot a boy or girl?
Pepper is a robot that has no gender.
How do you charge the pepper robot?
Put the plug into the socket and turn gently clockwise until the check valve snaps. Follow the charging progress. When Pepper is charged enough:
- Disconnect the charger cable from the power hatch.
- Disconnect the charger from the mains.
- Make sure you close the power hatch, or Pepper will not be able to move around.
How can pepper move around?
In order to move Pepper around you will need:
- Put the Pepper robot into a Safe/Rest mode or turn it OFF. In order to activate Peppers Safe Rest mode,
- Release the wheel brakes by opening the charging port on the base.
- Gently roll Pepper around by steering the robot.
- Once you’re done,
What human function or task does Pepper the robot simulate?
What human function or task does this robot simulate? Pepper is a humanoid robot by Aldebaran Robotics and SoftBank designed with the ability to read emotions. She simulates a person that cheers up people for the common good.
Where Pepper is being used for commercial and personal purposes?
Designed as a “humanoid robot” that can live with humans, Pepper is built with artificial intelligence technology from IBM’s cognitive computing engine “Watson.” More than 7,000 Peppers have been sold for roughly $2,000 each to consumers in Japan who use it for things like social companionship–Pepper can understand
Why was Pepper the robot created?
Born in Japan in 2014, Pepper is a 4-foot-tall, 62 pound humanoid robot on wheels. Pepper, which costs in the neighborhood of $1,600, is designed to communicate with people–both as a personal aide and for businesses to use in interactions with customers.
Who invented the pepper robot?
History. Pepper was introduced in Tokyo on June 5, 2014 by Masayoshi Son, founder of SoftBank. Pepper was scheduled to be available in December 2015 at SoftBank Mobile stores. Pepper went on sale in June 2015 with the first batch of 1,000 units selling out in just 60 seconds.
How much does the robot Pepper cost?
The price of pepper robot is about $1,500 per robot, 10,000 pepper robots is equal to $15 million in sales but Peppers are only sold on paymentagreement that involves a network data plan and equipment insurance. This costs $360 per month and paid over 36 months, brings the total cost of ownership to over $14,000.
What languages does Pepper the robot speak?
Available languages for your Pepper robot
- English (every Pepper robot speaks English)
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- Mandarin (Taiwan)